Wednesday, February 11, 2009

kafka on the bus

as if it is not enough to jump through hoops to get a czech visa, i have to register it with the immigration police too.  i got up before dawn today to go to prague 3, wait in the cold for it to open, and find out that this is the wrong place.  trams, buses, and metro rides later, i finally found the right office for usa citizens, and there was no line and the clerk spoke english (two things that i was told are absolutely impossible at the immigration police).  when i walked home, it struck me as very funny to be walking up a hill under falling snow, toward a looming and mysterious castle, after a day of treacherous bureaucracy.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sooooo looking forward to your new posts!!!

    I felt like Jack Kerouack today when I was listening to some road music on a night bus:)

    Okoncite, prosim, vystup a nastup. Dverzici zaviraji:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Доченька, молодец!
    Жду фотографий твоего дормитория!

    ReplyDelete